- We strive for excellence. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Are you less than thrilled with the color of your smile? Even if you follow good home dental care and receive regular professional cleanings, you may find that you have yellowed or darkened teeth.
Typical causes of dingy smiles are:
- using of tobacco products - Cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco can stain your teeth.
- drinking certain beverages - Soda, coffee, tea, and red wine may leave their marks.
- eating particular foods - Dark colored berries can discolor teeth. Highly acidic foods like apples and potatoes cause dental enamel to be more inclined to stain.
- getting older - The enamel on your teeth can wear down over time and show the yellowish dentin below.
- using certain medications - Antihistamines, antibiotics, and high blood pressure medications can produce stains.
- forgetting good oral hygiene - Brushing, flossing, and regular professional cleanings lead to whiter teeth.
Not only can teeth whitening give you pretty teeth, but it also more gives confidence. Some patients choose to whiten their teeth before important events such as weddings. Others are interested in a whiter smile to benefit their personal and business relationships.
We use one of the best teeth whitening products available called Opalescence. Only available through licensed dentists, it’s a great value for a custom at-home teeth whitening system. Because of the strong whitening solution, you see results after the very first time you use it!
Our office creates custom trays to fit in comfortably your mouth. In the convenience of your home, you use the system just two or three times to get the results you want initially, then use it as needed for whitening “touch-ups.” Patients are very pleased with the terrific results.
Teeth whitening methods give best results to patients with few fillings and restorations such as crowns or veneers, since restorations do not respond to the whitening solution. If you have had significant restorative work, our dentists can offer alternatives such as porcelain veneers to meet your need for whiter teeth.
Take the first step toward whiter teeth by giving our office a call today to discuss your choices.